The focus of the ministry at Sauk Trail Baptist Temple is to “make disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ.” Matthew 28:19-20
We believe the disciples of Jesus Christ should minister to one another in the local church. It’s not about one or a small number of pastors bearing total responsibility to care for the entire congregation. It’s about all disciples using their God-given spiritual gifts to provide mutual ministry in the context of the vibrant and strong local church. Ephesians 4:11-12
Sauk Trail Baptist Temple offers an array of ministry opportunities for every disciple to grow in relationship to Jesus Christ and connect with others. These opportunities include weekend worship services and church-wide special events as well as a variety of adult, high school, junior high school and children’s ministries involving classes and fellowshipping activities.
OUR PRIORITY STATEMENT
The Great Commandment
The priority of our church is to glorify God!
Jesus singled out the greatest commandment to his disciples in Matthew 22:37 “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.”
Therefore the church is reminded in Ephesians 3:20 “Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.”
This priority should be carried out regardless of the activity says 1 Corinthians 10:31 “Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.” In every activity, social event, ministry, service, class, and function, we want to glorify God with our attitudes and actions.
Paul explains this priority in Colossians 1:18 “And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.”
Jesus Christ is number one…not the pastor, not a special family, not the wealthiest member, not a talented musician, not the properties, not our achievements…the LORD JESUS CHRIST is number one! He deserves the preeminence in STBT!
Jesus gets all the glory, the praise, the honor, the credit, and worship…and any good people, any good accomplishments, any good talents, any good facilities, are directly the result of the blessings received from the Lord Jesus Christ, and we PRAISE AND THANK HIM!
The priority of our church is to glorify God!
OUR PURPOSE STATEMENT
The Great Commission
Jesus gave the church a great commission…to preach the gospel to every creature! “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”(Matthew 28:19-20)
It is recorded at least five times in the New Testament and each time a promise accompanies it:
Matthew 28:19-20 – The Promise of His Presence
Mark 16:15 – The Promise of His Protection
Luke 24:46-49 – The Promise of His Program
John 20:21 – The Promise of His Peace
Acts 1:18 – The Promise of His Power
The Great Commission is great because of its magnitude, message, meaning, motive, and miracle. The Great Commission can be summarized with seven words: MAKE DISCIPLES OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. This includes a personal conversion (Belief), a public confession (Baptism), and a progressive conformation (Behavior).
The church is supposed to be a “soul-saving station”. The church is not a museum to display religious relics, but rather a hospital where sick people get healed, and a lighthouse to help bring lost souls to safety. Jesus prayed we would be unified so that we could convince a lost world that Jesus Christ is truly the Son of the living God. We are unified to win souls to Jesus!
John 17:21 “That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.”
OUR PREACHING STATEMENT
The Great Confession
It does make a difference what you believe; therefore, it makes a difference what we preach! In 2 Timothy 4:1 we are instructed to “Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season, reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth. And shall be turned unto fables.:
Sauk Trail Baptist Temple emphasizes, “Doctrine determines destiny.” Therefore, we must teach God’s Holy Word without apology. God’s Word is the final authority for the church, the believer, the Christian Home and a Christian nation.
These are the listed Articles of Faith of STBT as found in the Word of God:
- We believe in the verbal, complete, and total inspiration and authority of the Holy Scriptures. 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21
- We believe in the Holy Trinity; one God eternally existing in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. 1 John 5:7; Matthew 3:16-17
- We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ.
Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25
- We believe in Christ’s death on the cross and His shed blood as the only sacrifice for sin. Romans 3:25; Hebrews 9:12
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ
Matthew 28:6; Mark 16:6
- We believe in the personal and imminent return of Jesus Christ. Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-16
- We believe in the new birth, that being born again is necessary for salvation. John 3:3; 1 Peter 1:23
- We believe that salvation is not dependent upon works of the flesh (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5), but comes to any who by faith receive Jesus Christ as personal Savior. (John 1:12; John 3:16)
- We believe in the blessed assurance and eternal security of all believers who have personally received Jesus Christ. John 10:27-28; 1 John 5:11-13
- We believe in two church ordinances:
(1) Baptism – Acts 2:41; Romans 6:3-4
(2) The Lord’s Supper – Luke 22:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
These ordinances are not a means of, nor essential to salvation.
- We believe in believers living a separated life.
Romans 12:1-2; 2 Corinthians 6:14
- We believe in tithing. Malachi 3:8-10′ 1 Corinthians 16:2
- We believe in soul winning. Proverbs 11:30; James 5:20
- We believe in a literal heaven (John 14:2-3; 2 Corinthians 5:1) and a literal hell (Luke 16:23; Revelation 20:11-15).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord (1 Corinthians 15:51-55; 1 Thessalonians 4:17; Revelation 21:40); the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment (Matthew 25:41-46; Revelation 20:11-15).
- We believe in separation of Church and State.
Matthew 22:21; Acts 5:27-29
A man’s confession of what he believes has eternal dividends. Romans 10:10 “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation;”
We believe and preach Bible doctrine without apology.